Monday 30 January 2012

Laptop Skin

So couple weeks ago, I started working on my laptop skin and wanted to make it unique and something cool. So I was looking at some of the laptop skin for macbook pro and they had some cool ideas incorporated with the apple glow at the back of the laptop. I wanted to do the same, so I started with the heroes that haven't been done as a skin and I decided on Green Lantern. At first I wanted to make it so that the ring is inside the hand and its glowing because of the apple but then I realized it will not work out so I had to come up with another idea. My next idea was to simply use green lantern and since he uses his ring to create imaginary objects i will make it so he is imagining the apple logo which looks like this :
I added he green lantern text and put it at an angle so that it works with the proportions and made green lightning come out of the text to give it a cool look to it. At first I wanted to make it all color but then realized that I have a macbook pro hard shell cover which is black in colour. I could've made it colourful but it wouldn't have been as affective as the green glow outlines. The pink outline is just the cut out area of where the apple logo is going to be with the trim marks.
If you want to know the details of how I made the green glow and other things comment me below and I will make another post. Till then Chao!!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, this is clever! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great linework on this one and I love how you integrated the apple logo

    ReplyDelete