Tuesday 17 January 2012

14 Week Challenge - Grounded Week 1


The time has finally come, it's 14 week challenge. In this challenge, I will be creating images through photography and my graphic design abilities to create something spectacular. 

So the word of the week is Grounded and i started off with researching artists which will help me give inspiration to my final work. For those who feel like you don't know any artists to research here is a link to some of the great designers and artists flickr set provided by Leif Peng.


I decided that Robert McGinnis would work nicely because in his artwork image, one with the women, he creates a high fashion, gentle, and a royal feel to the model. And in his other image, Robert gives definition to the tree. He also uses good use of colours to his artwork, he uses bright vibrant colours and makes elements pop.  
Ive started with thumbnails to get some ideas of how to incorporate the word grounded.




After choosing the tree theme from the thumbnails, Ive invited my model Jen and start taking some images of her in a photo studio. In just a matter of minutes I got my perfect lighting situation and started with my photo shoot. The camera i am using is a Nikon D90, with an aperture of 5.6 at a shutter speed of 160th of a second. And soon I got my image that i was looking for.


After capturing the image, I started using software Photoshop to enhance and turn the image into a human tree with the help of stock images found on free stock websites.










After a lengthy process of photo shopping, i got my final image. Hope you enjoyed this blog and stay tuned for next one.

2 comments:

  1. This is pretty wicked, Zoheb -- I like it a lot. I think people would enjoy seeing more in-between stages of the process though... it seems to go sort of magically from photos of separate elements to the final image. Next time, if you do another of these, consider sharing some screen shots of the development. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds great leif! will do thanks

    ReplyDelete